Saturday, May 14, 2011

"The Marilyn"

I did well with posting last month within a month of the month before that..but not so much now that I'm back to work!  A little trickier to find the time =)  Speaking of work, I am suprisingly doing better then I thought I would.  I miss Isabella all day but fortunately I really like my job, and the day goes by fast, and since my hours are now 6:30am to 3pm, I get to look forward to seeing Izzy girl everyday by 3:30ish and I love our reunions.  In my pre-baby life, getting to work at 6:30am would have been ludacrous to me, but with the Isabella alarm clock sounding between 4 and 5am nearly every morning, I'm already up and might as well start the day so I get home that much faster...It's amazing how much babies can change even the most unlikely ever morning person like myself!  Now if my sister becomes a morning person someday after she has a baby, that'll be the next big miracle because she's even worse then I was =)
Little girl is now almost 4 months old, and there are definitely new things to report...first of all she has been doing this hilarious glamorous pose lately, where she puts one, if not two, hands behind her head while she eats.  It's so funny because she does it nearly every time, if not every time.  We call the pose "The Marilyn" because it's almost like the Marilyn Monroe pose.  She is also smiling a lot more often, reacting to faces and/or noises we make to her, which has been a lot of fun.  Isabella is also able to sit and "chill" for longer periods of time this month compared to earlier months.  The other day I went to take my car in for a tune-up, and we ended up sitting there for at least an hour and a half...the whole time Isabella sat quietly sucking her pacifier in her carrier, sleeping or wide awake, she didn't make a peep.  I think she was content just watching out the window of the store, curiously watching the people who happened to walk by.  Amazingly she is much better about going into her carseat and taking car rides now- no rap music required like before.  She's also coo-ing and ahh-ing and squeeling more, and LOVES her playgym that she lies on and looks up at the mirror and other hanging toys.  She enjoys making all kinds of faces at herself- too cute.  She also makes more sounds when she cries versus just a cry...for example, she says, "ahhh..Ga" a lot...I wonder if Grandma or Grandpa will end up being her first word at this rate.  We are enjoying her and look forward to seeing what she'll do next!

No comments:

Post a Comment