Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Gabbin' & Grabbin', Lookin' & Laughin'

I can't believe I haven't posted since May!  Well actually I can believe it but still...
As the title implies, Isabella Marie has been a very busy girl these last couple of months.  She probably weights about 14 pounds by now- she just turned 6 months July 19th, and is more fun then ever.  Her coo's have turned into 4 primary sounds.."Ahhh", "Eye-yi-yi", Ga" and "Bbbb" (almost a raspberry but not quite there yet, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for "Mmmm" next).  And while she is talking up a storm, she likes to grab anything in site, and bring it right to her mouth.  She will grab with one hand and pass to the other but whether she is intentionally doing this yet or not, I'm not sure.  Grabbing her feet and little toes has also been a recent hobby which is the cutest thing ever.  It's also a treat to hear her squeal with delight- we now can make her laugh on cue (well...usually unless a mood sets in which can happen in a nano second!).  Excuse me, let me clarify, Daddy can make her laugh on cue, Mommy tries and has about a 75% success rate.  We do dances (one called "Jellyfish" from "Yo Gabba Gabba" that Daddy found for her) and tickle fights.  She is still sleeping on her back, and will roll to her side, just about on her tummy, to look at anyone coming into the room.  When she is on her tummy she brings her head up high and presses up with her arms.  She can roll back to her tummy but does not often do that- doesn't interest her right now I suppose. She can sit up for about 2 seconds on her own, and for more then that needs my one finger on her back to prevent any teetering over or nose dives.  Izzy girl also loves to look, look, look at everything...she acknowledges everyone who walks in the room, doggie or human with a look and does the complete range of motion both directions...it's the funniest thing to see.  We want to eat her chubby thighs and little cottage cheese bottom every day for breakfast.  Six months later and still, when I look at her, I am amazed that she is mine, and so thankful.  Don't get me wrong, as all parents know, lots of work and little sleep but wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  Thank you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment